Happy International Women’s Day! A day to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women.
Being an artist and maker myself means I’m constantly noticing amazing works by other women within this community. So, in celebration of today, I’m sharing with you some stunning makes and wonderful things happening by some of these remarkable women!
Bristol Girl Bosses
A collective of 8 designer makers based in Bristol. These amazing women are supporting and showcasing artwork inspired by women this month with their exhibition ‘muse!’ Pretty excited to share this local art news and their team – when women join forces great things like this happen!
Be in the know and support these women yourselves by checking out their social profile and this exhibition! Have you already had a look at ‘muse?’ Feel free to leave your thoughts or a review in the comments.
Hives & Herbals
Bristol beekeeper Alyson Hurst makes hand creams, lip balms and candles with herbs and her own beeswax. A beautiful passion for local and natural ingredients lives here!
Did you know that the worker bees are all female?! – if the queen bee in you wants to support these little females, you can purchase directly through Alyson on her Hives and Herbals Facebook page or at the We Make Bristol shop in Westbury on Trym.
Artist Jessica Augarde creates beautiful art prints. With a good selection of empowering women quotes, they will proudly put some personality on your walls and make great gifts for your friends on this International Women’s Day, or any occasion for that matter.
Celebrating International Women’s Day and Mother’s Day, Jessica has 20% off selected prints in her shop. You can find and celebrate with Augarde Art on Etsy.
Other Noteworthy Recommendations
Other things to do, see and watch. Why not have a search online at what’s happening in your local area?! There’s most likely a host of things you didn’t know about… and then invite your friends. Staying in? Check out this list!
- Send the women in your lives a card, even a text, just to remind them of how wonderful they are!
- Jessica Jones S2 airs on Netflix! She has attitude and I love it!
- The Dressmaker – I know this isn’t new, but I only managed to watch it just recently when film 4 were celebrating women on and off screen. Absolutely loved it! Wish I’d watched it on the big screen, I will be getting it on DVD and admiring Kate Winslet for an age!
- On Becoming Fearless In Love, Work And Life by Arianna Huffington. A celebration of overcoming those fears that effect us all!
- Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. If you read anything this year and you haven’t read this yet, put it on your list!
Elf Paper Co Gift
A gift from me to you! I created this ‘Wild Woman’ screensaver image and decided I would gift it to all of the wild women of the world. All you have to do is tap on the image, save it, select it within your camera roll and save as your wallpaper. Voilà!
You can also share on social media. Copyright is not transferred with the image, many thanks for your understanding.
Do you have any recommendations? Then, please share, I would love to know!
Here’s hoping you have a fabulous day, whatever you’re doing and wherever you are in the world!
– Caroline xo